Monday, December 10, 2007

BCS Ready, Set, Go

I'm glad Tebow won the Heisman.
I love the way he carries himself, he is the All-American boy. That’s the guy everyone wants to have son like that. I assume he is as good as he looks and if he is you know he's special.

Now that the BCS Bowl games are set, here are my thoughts on the selections:

I'm actually not as fired up as everyone about the Allstate BCS National Championship game.
Ohio States Quarterback is steady, they play great defense and have good players at nearly all positions. Good receiver corps…..it’s two of the best teams.

The most controversial selection was the pick of Kansas over Missouri for the Fed-Ex Orange Bowl. I'm going to tell you my opinion, they think Kansas will travel better and I don't think it's fair. Obviously Missouri beat them head to head, but I think they (the orange bowl people)have been influenced by one loss and the fact that Missouri got beat on national TV when they were ranked number one, I think all these cosmetics have a lot to do with it.

It would be a mistake for me not to talk about the amazing year the New England Patriots are having. They are a football team that proves that you don't have to have a running game to win. They are so good at what they do that they have so much confidence and the talent to do it with, that it really makes them unbeatable.

Hear Barry Switzer every Monday and Friday on XMSN This Morning with TJ Rives on XM Sports Nation, XM 144 from 730-9am Eastern.